Do you have a welcoming presence?
Are you interested in volunteering but would like to start with something that does not involve a huge commitment?
Be a greeter! This is an especially nice thing for new attendees to be involved in because it helps in getting to know the community.
What do greeters do?
- Arrive 15 minutes early, by 9:45, on your greeting day. Currently the rotation is about 1x per month.
- Check with the worship associate re: who the bell ringer will be and who will be collecting food during the collection. (If they have not identified anyone assist by asking for a volunteer(s) to do each job.
- Stand by an entrance.
- Pass out orders of service and greet people.
- Give blue cards to new attendees. (Make a point to tell them about the kid packs in the overflow room if they come with little ones.)
- Pass around the plate during the offering and then bring it up to the front to the worship associate at the end of the offering song.