Black Lives Matter Task Force
Our mission is to challenge our community to learn about, to connect with, to support, to stay aware of and to engage in efforts to address racism facing our society
The BLM task-force meets after the service at 11:15 in the MS/HS room the last Sunday of every Month with the exception of December. All who are interested in racial justice work are welcome this is not a closed meeting. We enjoy sharing our passion for this work with newcomers- whether you are new to this social justice issue or you are new to this community.
In working on our first phase of the mission we are building and drawing on intergroup awareness, understanding and skills;
Please join us in reading
Other websites of interest
- The Color Line–on the History of Racism in the U.S.
- Facing History and Ourselves’ List of Resources on Teaching Reconstruction
- Hudson River Valley Heritage Digital Collection of Primary Sources
- RACE: A Public Education Project through the American Anthropological Association
- Voices from the Days of Slavery (Library of Congress)
- Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion
- Without Sanctuary: Photographs and Postcards of Lynching in America
- Zinn Education Project–Teaching a People’s History
Monthly meetings, the last Sunday of every month, 11:15-1:00 PM
Screening of Crispus Attucks TBD
November 5, 2016 10-1 BLM taskforce will host Congregational Conversation with food and childcare
November 8th, 2016 7:00-9:45 Raising Race Conscious Children Seminar at Colleen Tennery’s home e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details
The Task-Force will be hosting services on the following dates:
January 8th, 2017
April 9nd, 2017
July 23rd 2017
October 22, 2017
November 5th from 10-1 the BLM task-force will host a conversation about racial justice work. Please look for a survey in your inbox soon. The goal is to develop a list of concrete actions based on a united approach for our congregation to implement. The task-force will provide lunch for attendees and childcare. Please RSVP to Colleen Tennery at email@example.com if you will need childcare.